Clinical supervision supports and guides supervisees and counselors-in-training as they learn clinical skills and develop their professional identity as counselors.
Approach to Clinical Supervision:
- Accepting Therapy uses Bernard’s discrimination model of supervision in conjunction with being person-centered, strength based and meeting each supervisee where they’re at.
- Accepting Therapy values the supervisee’s current knowledge, including his or her personal and professional experiences.
- Accepting Therapy is passionate about creating a safe place to disclose what the supervisee is doing well on and any mistakes he or she has made without repercussions of ending the supervisory relationship.
Formats of clinical supervision:
- 1-hour weekly individual supervision
- 1-hour weekly triadic supervision (2 supervisees)
- 1-hour weekly group supervision (3-6 supervisees)
Rates for clinical supervision:
- Individual $75/hr
- Triadic $50/hr
- Group $30 /hr
*Accepting Therapy has provided supervision to counselors since Spring 2014 and is currently strengthening her expertise as a clinical supervisor by pursuing a Ph.D. in Counselor Education & Supervision. Sarah Silva MA, LCPC also is in the process of obtaining the Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS) license.